Saturday, November 12, 2005

Happy Veteran's Day

Yesterday was Veteran's Day. So today I read in the paper that the San Francisco City Council wants to ban military recruiters from city limits. This galls me on a number of different levels, not least of which is the fact that these so-called "enlightened" liberals have the gall to stick their noses up at the very institution that preserves their right to do so.

Now, don't get me wrong... I am probably as liberal as they come (or at least as liberal as they come in my profession and in this part of the country), but unless the people of San Francisco actually believe the United States doesn't need a military, they're just blowing smoke and reinforcing everyone else's impression of them as left-wing whackos. Please guys, as a liberal, don't do me any favors.

And thanks to all of the veterans out there.

No comments: