Thursday, June 02, 2005

Most stupid bumper stickers

In no particular order:

At least I can still smoke in my car (well, have at it!! - just don't complain to me in two years when you're hooked up to an oxygen bottle and the doctor says you've got 6 months to live because the cancer has spread.)

Experience the joy of knowing and doing the will of God (Yes, this entire thing was spread across the bumper. I am not sure how this guy got the number to God's direct line, but more power to him. We all have our crutches...)

Patriots don't vote for Kerry (Yeah, it's a bit dated, but it still ticks me off - labeling anyone who disagrees with you as unpatriotic seems to go against against the very premise of democracy as the expressed will of the people. In fact, I'd suggest that such a sentiment was much more unpatrotic than voting for Kerry could ever be.)

I took a kid hunting at XXXX National Park (So you taught a child how to kill defenseless animals for the sheer pleasure of it? Bravo!)

One story. End of story. (so much for religious tolerance - see also number two above.)

Keep marriage sacred (I am assuming that "sacred" is a code word for perpetuating discrimination by limiting the option to legally marry to those who share the same narrow-minded point of view as you do)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that this is an old blog, but I just came across it. Also, while it appears that I probably completely disagree with you on almost everything, I won't go there. I actually just wanted to point out to you that "One Story. End of Story" is actually not a religious bumper sticker at all. It's the motto for Suarez International, a group that trains people to protect themselves from bad guys - you know, a different group that you probably can't stand.

Jack said...

My apologies to Suarez International. I have no opinion on the organization.

Anais said...

"Experience the joy of knowing and doing the will of God"
as you know, my personal motto. god's hotline number is actually a 1800 number. the phone operators are currently based in india.

Anonymous, could you please specify "bad guys" ... just wondering.